As a website owner, you know that website optimization is an important part of making sure your site gets higher rankings, but have you considered local search engine optimization? By focusing on local, organic search engine optimization, you can increase the visibility of your site. Since many business owners are already very busy, adding SEM management to the mix can be difficult. If you really want your site to do well, you should be considering PPC management, as well, and if you don’t have time for this yourself, you might want to look at getting some PPC help. Why should you be aiming for local searches? Here are a few reasons to consider it.
1. Buyers do local searches. It’s a proven fact that people who are looking for general information do general searches and those who are looking to buy will start searching locally. They do this since most prefer to buy from places near them and it also narrows the search. That being said, the vast majority of people would be happy to order online if they can, so it’s a great idea to keep things
2. You don’t have to be local. With the right website optimization, you can show up in local results for your area, but if you’re a nationwide business, using local search engine optimization will give you access to customers who are ready to buy across the country. Through organic search engine optimization, you’ll get targeted results.
3. It can be combined with PPC. Whether you hire a firm to take on SEM management for you or do it yourself, PPC management should be a part of your strategy. Website optimization can only take you so far before you need a little PPC help to boost your business. However, many find that when they attempt to start pay per click advertising, they end up losing money instead of making it. That’s because it isn’t as simple as bidding on the highest ranking keywords in your industry. There needs to be a complete strategy, which is something that usually only comes after a few years of practice. For this reason, more and more companies are opting to hire SEO firms to handle PPC for them.
4. It’s simple and yields great results. You’re already looking at website optimization if you have a website, so it doesn’t take a lot more to go with local search engine optimization. Organic search engine optimization can really boost your traffic and potential clients and since it really doesn’t take much more work than it does to generally optimize the site, why not? You will still be providing the more general keywords that you would have targeted anyway, but now with extra results.
5. It’s more targeted. Whether you are a nationwide business or one focused on a specific part of the world, local search engine optimization allows you to really focus on your target audience. People in New York, for example, will be searching for products and services available to New Yorkers, so if you use the appropriate keywords, they are going to find you and will be happy to buy because your site is directed at them in particular.
Many international sites offer different web pages for each location, while those based in one country will often do the same for different states or even cities. When it comes to website optimization, local search engine optimization is a good way to go. Through organic search engine optimization, you can boost targeted traffic and sales. Combined with SEM management and PPC management, this can be a killer strategy to bring in more clients. If you need a little PPC help, then look into hiring a firm that can take over this side of things for you.
About the Author:
Thanks again Jamie for your insights!